What personal information do we collect about you ?
When you access and move around Mugshots®, register an Account with Mugshots® or purchase a Product from Mugshots®, we may collect some or all of the following personal data about you:
- a username and password;
- billing and delivery addresses, email address and phone number(s);
- Payment Method (typically credit card or debit card) details, but not physical numbers;
- correspondence with and from Mugshots®;
- your preferences about receiving communications from Mugshots®;
- information about your use of Mugshots®, and your browsing and online purchasing activities; and details we may ask you to submit to verify your identity.
In order to take advantage of some of our Services, you may need to supply us with the personal details of a third party (for example, their name and address if you wish to send them a Product). We will not use this information for anything other than providing the Services for which the information was supplied.
How do we use your personal information ?
Your personal data will be collected, processed, stored and used by us. Your data will not be passed on to any third-party companies.
When you sign up to Mugshots® and agree to our terms and conditions, we need to process certain data that allows Mugshots®:
- to provide the Mugshots® service to you in accordance with our agreement;
- to create personalised Products selected by you;
- to associate your Account, and your Product purchases, with you, and to verify your identity;
- to process payments, via a Payment Gateway, you make for Products;
- to pass your Product order for delivery by third party deliverers engaged by us;
- to provide customer support and improve your customer experience;
- to contact you by email and mobile communication (such as text (SMS) in relation to the products or services you have purchased.
If you’ve told us it’s OK (or unless you’ve asked us not to after a purchase), we would like to contact you to provide information about products or services we think might interest you. You may withdraw this consent at any time.
If you are asked to provide a phone number for a Product you are ordering, note that the phone number will be provided to the deliverer of your order – to assist with the delivery process. We may use automatically collect anonymous information about your use of Mugshots®. For example, we may automatically log which parts of Mugshots® you access, which web browser you deploy and the website from which you linked to Mugshots®. You cannot be identified from any of this information. It enables us to compile statistics about the use of Mugshots®, and to help target aspects of Mugshots® and advertising to you more accurately.
Disclosing your personal data
We will not disclose any of your personal data, other than to subsidiary and/or affiliated companies (including deliverers and payment service providers) under contract with us. To enable us to provide our service, we share data with the following categories of organisations:
- Payment processing companies
- Delivery and courier services
We will not share your data with any other categories of organisation without your permission unless:
- we are legally entitled to do so (for example, pursuant to a court order or for the purposes of prevention or detection of crime or fraud);
- we are in negotiations with a third party for the sale or purchase of any of Mugshots® business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- Mugshots®, or substantially all of its assets, is acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by Mugshots® about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
When you sign up, we will ask you if you’d like to receive information about other products and services. The emails and mobile communication (such as text (SMS)). You can change your preferences at anytime on the Account Details page. Alternatively, you can click “Unsubscribe” on any email you receive or reply “STOP” to an SMS.
We use advertising and marketing services companies to show you products that might interest you while you’re browsing the internet. This is based on either your marketing preferences or your acceptance of cookies on our websites.
We employ significant technical and organisational measures to guard against unauthorised or unlawful processing of your personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your personal data. We believe the measures implemented by our site reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved.
We have security measures in place to protect our database of Users and access to this database is restricted internally. However, there are things we can all do to help stay safe and secure online:
- ensure no-one else uses Mugshots® through your Account;
- log off or exit from your Mugshots® Account when not using it;
- keep your password or other access information secret;
- use different passwords for different services you use online
ensure you’re using the most up-to-date versions of your software.
We will never ask you to confirm the details of your Account or Payment Method by email or mobile communication. If you receive such contact, please do not respond to it.
Updates to this notice
This privacy notice was last updated on 29 Oct 2022. Please check back regularly to keep informed of changes to this Notice.